Visit and Contact
Access to Field Street is best made by approaching on Douglas Street from the south (downtown) and turning right onto Field.
The parking lot is on the right at the end of the street.
Contact the Museum
Building in Focus
The Bay Street Armoury (BSA) was opened in 1915 to house Victoria’s military units, replacing the Drill Hall on Menzies Street. As the BSA was also designed to be the Headquarters of Military District No. 11, it has many features not found in many of the drill halls build in Canada in the early 1900s. These features include a second story with a mezzanine around the entire parage square, additional stories at the front of the building including a large room in the tower. When it was built, the basement of the building had a swimming pool, a gymnasium, a miniature rifle range and an artillery “puff” table.
The Bay Street Armoury was recognized as a Federal Heritage Building in 1991. LEARN MORE